Monday, February 22, 2016

Chalon Round 2 - Weeks 36 and 37

So before I get to this week, I'll talk a little bit about last week since I never really got around to it! After spending the day at President's house and eating a bunch of American food, I went back to Chalon with Elder Jensen to do an exchange for the day. Basically the day consisted of us walking everywhere around Chalon to try and find some old investigators with basically no luck. On the bright side, I know Chalon really well know. Then that night our comps came back up to Chalon to trade back comp's but instead of them going back late that night, we decided to just make a floor bed and have a bro over. Basically a sleepover but it's a bunch of dudes sleeping on a massive bed on the floor. You get the picture. The rest of the week just consisted of us visiting some people and driving around with the the Snows, the senior couple. Just the usual.

But now to the important stuff. We got our transfer calls on Friday morning of last week and I'm sticking around here in Chalon and get to be with Elder Lindsey. I've heard some good stuff about him so it should make for a good transfer. Sunday came around and Guyaux had to pack and all day he said bye to everyone here.

On Monday morning I headed down to spend the day in Lyon waiting for Lindsey to come up from the city of Aix. My day consisted of me talking to a ton of missionaries who went through the train station in Lyon to get to their new cities and hanging out in the office for a while. Oh and eating the forever coveted Burger King that you can only eat in Lyon. Good stuff. But that night we got back to Chalon and got invited to eat at this less active's house with the Snows. She's from Columbia and made some authentic Colombian food for us. Let's say that I'm a fan. Besides that, we just went back home and unpacked for a while.

Most of the week consisted of us knocking doors and stopping people on the streets because we didn't have too many people to teach. It's weird how not fun knocking on a bunch of doors sounds but we had one of the young adults come with us. Nothing better than just chilling with your bros and getting some doors slammed in your face. That's how bros get close.

Thursday we went to this smaller city called Beaune to go and meet with some more less actives. We didn't get to experience ten cats this time luckily. But we did end up talking in this French cafĂ© on a street corner where I possibly had the best hot chocolate of my life. If you ever find yourself in this corner of the world, ask me and I'll hook you up with the info. We had a super cool lesson with her about her conversion story to the gospel. Basically I've learned that members here in France, since most of them are converts, have really cool conversion stories if you can get them talking. Then later that night, we went over to a member’s house to eat with them and with an old missionary who served here in Chalon and her family who just picked her up from her mission this week. They're all from Peru but live in the USA so they speak enough English so the dinner consisted of some Americans, Frenchies and people from South America speaking three different languages. Just another normal thing here in the France missionary life.

The day after, we kind of got bodied (ask your nearest French missionary for that reference) all day and all of our appointments fell through, so we found ourselves with the Snows again in a smaller city with nothing to do and having not eaten dinner. So the Snows, being as great as they are said, "Well I guess we just have to go and eat dessert at our apartment now." Have I mentioned how great they are? They even made us dinner too.

Saturday came around and we helped paint one of the member’s new apartment. All I gotta say is I'm glad I'm not a painter because we did a pretty big hack job at it. But I'm sure I can be hired out pretty cheaply if any of you guys need some help.

Sunday I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a semi-truck and so we stayed inside all day which kind of blew but at least I feel better know. That's basically the week in review!

Check back next week to see what happens. Thanks for being the best email readers out there. 

Take care and love you all!

Elder B. Wil