Thursday, July 23, 2015

AAAnnd ... Alive!

After a day of checking email, Facebook and blogs about any news of Blake's arrival more often than I care to admit, I woke up this morning with an email from the France Lyon mission office:


23 juillet, 2015

Dear Parents,

Elder Wilson has been assigned a wonderful trainer/companion, Elder Bake.  They are serving in Agen, France.  Their address is:

          Les Missionnaires
          Elder Wilson
          35, rue Montesquieu 
          Apt 31B
          47000 Agen
          France

Please address all mail or packages in this format.  I will send a photo as soon as one is available. Great excitement as they go forth to invite others to Christ. You have done your part and now that teaching, along with the Spirit, will work mighty miracles!

We are grateful to have your wonderful child in our mission!

With Warmest Regards,

Soeur Sweeney, Mission Secretary
Mission Fran├žaise de Lyon


So happy to get the good news today! Now, I am not the kind of mom that gets overly stressed out, but I knew Blake had landed in Lyon on Tuesday morning and when Trevor got to Paris, we received an email and photo of him with the mission President the next day. So I thought yesterday would be the day. I just wanted to know that he was okay and a little plane on a computer screen could not tell me that! 

Agen is a 6 hour train ride from Lyon, so after all that travel, Blake had another 6 hours before he was able to sleep in his bed. I'm tired just thinking about it!

Agen is on the southwest side of France, just outside of Bordeaux. I knew there had to be a reason I felt prompted to purchase Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate ice cream at the grocery store yesterday! 

The locals say Agen is the hottest city in France because it is surrounded by mountains and in a valley and it does not get very much wind. So this should be super fun for Blake since August is still ahead of him. 

I have already contacted his companion's family through Facebook and I have been chatting with Elder Bake's mom today. We both think it will be a great companionship since they are both easy going, love BYU and when not in a suit, wear BYU t-shirts as their outfit of choice. There has to be some good comments about Blake and Bake being in the hottest city in France in the summer!

I'll post pictures when I get them!

(fyi: for security purposes, I blacked out the actual address. If you would like Blake's address, please click on the "How to Contact Me" link above and I will send you his address.)