Wednesday, June 17, 2015

We Started a War with the Tahitians-Week 1

What's up everyone! 

I have to start off my blog posts by saying that I want this blog to be entertaining for you, a good Monday morning read so I am going to let you in on the slice of life things that just happen to me, spiritual, funny, embarrassing, everything! I want you to feel like you are in my pocket as I take you along with me during these next two years, the best two years.

So how to begin talking about the MTC? Well basically you walk in, they rush you through a bunch of buildings, give you you're name tag to make you all official then shove you into a classroom with a bunch of new people and a teacher talking entirely in a different language. Now on top of that, you throw in sitting in the same classroom for 11 hours a day and stuffing your face full of food 3 times a day and that's basically what the first week is like. You wouldn't think that sitting in a classroom for 11 hours is tiring but it actually drains you a lot. Good thing there's an unending resource of food to keep up your energy. The first few days last forever but get significantly better as the time goes by.

So in my zone there is my district, all going to France, and there is a district all going to Tahiti. The Tahitian missionaries have to be here for a full 12 weeks because they have to learn Tahitian and French so they were here when we came and they will be sending us off in 5 weeks. I kind of feel bad for them because they don't get to go to France and they have to be here for that long. Our districts are really good friends though and we mess with each other all day long. I have to admit we've been scolded a fair amount of times because we were having too much fun with them. 

In my district is my companion Elder Duncan from Springville, UT, Elder Kimble from Alaska, Elder Arne from North Carolina, Sister Holmgren from South Jordan, UT, Sister Gilbert from Riverton, UT, Elder Larsen from Texas, Elder Schow who lived next door to me at BYU from Garland, UT, Sister Kimber from Ogden, UT and Sister Nikka from Finland and the same city Santa lives in. Elders Larsen and Schow are going to Paris along with Sister Gilbert. The rest of us are headed to Lyon. Most of us have completed one year of college and several attended BYU.

Here at the MTC, we get to go on a walk around the temple every Sunday. One of the few times you get to experience some sort of real life. It's nice to see real people out in the real world. This was my view on the walk back to the MTC and I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little on the inside knowing that I would be missing the next couple of seasons.





My teacher here is Brother Adams or Frere Adams for you Frenchies back at home. Shout out to my brother who lived with him in Belgium. He's a way cool guy who occasionally spares us and talks to us in English every now and again. Down the hall from us is a bunch of islanders going to various pacific islands and speaking various languages and there is this Elder who is from New Zealand, yes he has a sick accent, who always comes up and talks to me and acts like he's my brother. Basically the sickest thing ever. The other day I saw him and I called him my New Zealand brother and he came up and said "Yeah man, that's what I am!" Basically I thought I was the coolest person ever. 

I didn't have too much time to write today but tune in again next week and you'll learn about my antics and things. 

I love you all!

Elder Wilson


P.S. For those I gave my MTC address to at my farewell, that was the address the Mission Department said would be my address while at the MTC, but in fact, it is not. The MTC updated my address to one completely different, so please click on the "How to Contact Me" tab at the top of this page to see my new address.